Created with flickr badge from softsea.

Monday, January 17, 2011

Baby Photography with Kirsten Jae

Baby Photography

There's a lot of ways to achieve a good baby portrait - the right equipment and the right timing when the baby is in the mood for vogueing and there's a lot of materials on the web to give you tutorials and advice but the most important teacher of all is experiencing it yourself. It's not a walk in the park either specially for babies within 6 months to a year old but for babies with the age of 0-4 months is still manageable ('coz they just sleep most of the times) You might wanna shoot the first yawn. I remember the first time I saw my baby on the nursery window she yawn at me good thing I have my trusty camera with me. You cannot direct babies on what to pose you have to shoot the right timing. Some babies don't like props because it's irritating to them. They put everything inside the mouth so don't put any props that might get swallowed. If possible use hypoallergenic materials on your props so your baby or the client's baby won't get rashes - you don't want clients suing you for that specially if it involves babies, people will see you as Dr. Evil or some evil creature that harms babies (hehe). Use lights that won't harm babies. Just use a simple speed-light or much better if you can manage without one and use available lighting. A 50mm f1.4 prime will do the trick. Hope this helps, click away and treasure every captured moment (sounds like a good tagline to me).

My Thoughts

A good remedy for stress (in my opinion and it works for me) is looking at baby photos. Why? Because it reminds us how beautiful life is. Babies grow fast. If you don't monitor them frequently you will miss a lot on their developments. Every second counts - every expression they make; the first smile; the first sound; the first time they play close-open wiith their hands is just amazing. Before I say to myself "What's the bigga' deal with this baby stuff?" (that's when I was single and no kids of my own) yeah it's cute but that's it - No! there is more beneath the cuteness and cuddliness of babies. The magic of something peaceful and vulnerable coming to this dangerous chaotic world gives me an indescribable sense of protectiveness so it's my responsibility to make sure may little angel is safe from harm. This photo session with my baby means a lot to me (actually it's my whole world). There is no single day that passes without me viewing the photos of my Baby Kirsten Jae.

To Kirsten Jae:

Eventually you will grow up and may choose not to be with us anymore (or get married... something like that) but one thing is for sure - You'll always be my Little Angel.



"Diaper Model pt.1"
Shot with Nikon D700 with Nikon 50mm f1.4G and SB-900 Speedlight
triggered by Phottix Strato 4-in-1 radio triggers.


"Diaper Model pt.2"
Shot with Nikon D700 with Nikon 50mm f1.4G and SB-900 Speedlight
triggered by Phottix Strato 4-in-1 radio triggers.


"My Little Angel"
Shot with Nikon D700 with Nikon 50mm f1.4G and SB-900 Speedlight
triggered by Phottix Strato 4-in-1 radio triggers.




"Good Morning Baby Kae"
Shot with Nikon D700 with Nikon 50mm f1.4G and SB-900 Speedlight
triggered by Phottix Strato 4-in-1 radio triggers.


To view more photos visit my "New" Flicker Photostream or visit my Deviantart Gallery.
If you like what you see or read please follow me @ Facebook.
If you have questions about photography you can email me @ lorgyron@yahoo.com. 
Comments are much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment